Day 13 Senior Project

 Work Day 13

May 23rd, 2023 - Final day folks, I come bearing one blog about my senior project. Today I met with Spencer and we were able to get some of my issues sorted out. The first thing we tried to fix was the text issue, but unfortunately when it came to the Unity Animation system Spencer's knowledge was limited, so we came to the conclusion that manually triggering it would have to work for the presented product. He did however help me solve my issue with the Menu animation not working in the second scene as well as the enemies. It turns out that the NullReference error the enemy was creating was also somehow screwing up  Menu. This error was caused because when I changed scenes I deleted my character object and created a new one, in the split second when it was gone, the Game Manager would get confused and not be able to provide a player.transform for the enemy to lock onto. After leaving Spencer, I continued to mess around with the text animation some more to see if I could get it to work, but was unsuccessful. The final addition I made was a death screen, which was simple in comparison to everything else.

Hours Today: 1 hour 30 minutes

Hours Total: 52 hours 40 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)