Day 10 Senior Project

 Work Day 10

May 19th, 2023 - Once again, my dear audience, I come bearing an update on the progress of my senior project! I managed to meet briefly with Spencer today and he attempted to help find a solution to my error, but unfortunately, we couldn't find one. He said he would go through the code in depth later on though, so hopefully we will find a solution.

    I continued with the combat system and almost entirely finished it, all that's left is to integrate Player Character death. The player can reach zero health, but currently, there are no consequences, aka death, when that happens. However, enemy movement, player damage dealing, and enemy death are also all currently integrated.
    
    After integrating everything but character death, which is actually less combat coding related and more so just coding in a death screen UI, I began working on the animation side of combat. At this point, while I had gone through the steps to have the character deal damage to the enemy, this damage was simply dealt whenever the enemy rammed into the character's sword. I went through the process and created an animation for the character that would move the hitbox for the sword (the hitbox colliding with the enemy results in damage dealt) while changing the character's avatar every few frames to make a slash animation. I also ensured that the hitbox of the weapons didn't exist when in the idle animation, removing the ability for enemies to take damage from simply running into the character. Below is a demonstration of the finished product.

(DISCLAIMER: The quality of the actual game looks better than this. The bad quality here results from having to use a website to convert the clip into a GIF.)



Hours Today: 6 hours 40 minutes

Hours Total: 40 hours 40 minutes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)