Day Two Senior Project

     Today I started off with getting collision working for the player character, walls, and NPCs. This required me to create a blocking object and creature object layer. Here is the code used to create a collision effect. This is in the same class as the code shown in my last post, the Player_Movement class.

    I also made it so that the camera will follow the character around while leaving a small amount of leeway. This required the creation of a new class, the Camera_Motor class.

I also spent some time adding to my assets library as well as clipping sprites from tilesets into 16x16 pieces.

Overall I spent 4 hours and 10 minutes working today.
Below is a gif demonstrating collision and the camera movement.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)