Day 4 of Senior Project

Day 4 of Work


    Hello again my many thousands of awed readers! Today I continued work on my video game, Between. I began the day by realizing that I still needed a tileset for the exterior of buildings, I spent quite a bit of time scouring the internet for a free one but, I couldn't find one that suited my needs at all, that was also free. I eventually settled for spending a few dollars on a tileset that was on sale for cheap. Below is one of the sets from the package.

    

    I then decided to move on somewhat, as I had the tiles necessary in my palette to begin the start area of the game where players could learn the controls and their goals. As I started I realized that one of the pallets I was using for stone walls was missing an integral piece. This resulted in me having to change the tileset I used for dungeon and castle-like areas of the world and scour the internet for a new one. I eventually found one, an older version of the same tileset by the same artist, but complete.
    After splicing this tileset I began work on the first room where the player would spawn. Below is an image of the progress I have made.

    Unfortunately, as I had already spent a great deal of time searching for tilesets and splicing them, I didn't get very far today. This is the start of one of the most time-consuming pieces of the game, building the world. I intend to only build a relatively small chunk and then continue to integrate quests and hostile NPCs to attempt to have a complete section to demonstrate at the end of Senior Project in case I run out of time. I believe it is better to have a small detailed area than a large undetailed area.

Hours Today: 4  hours 

Hours Total: 15 hours 20 minutes





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)