First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)

     For my Senior Project, I am creating a video gaming using Unity. This is the first time I have ever attempted something of the sort. The game will be a top-down 2D RPG of sorts. I intend the premise to be that you play as a farrier of souls who must help the souls of the dead escape the In-Between by completing small quests for them, while this goes on you must avoid the evil spirits which are trying to kill you.

    I spent the majority of today building an assets library. This is a group of 2D artworks I will use to create the setting and characters of the game. Below is the asset I selected to be the Player Character.


    Today I also began coding movement for the character, I have yet to reach the stage of creating collision, but the character can successfully move in all directions. For those interested below is a screenshot of the code thus far, controlling the character's movement along with the notes in green.

      I have been following along slowly with a Unity YouTube Tutorial, here is the link for any interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8YUfee_pzc&t=1453s

I spent a total of 5.5 hours working on my Senior Project Today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project