Day 12 Senior Project

 (This somehow got saved as a draft instead of posted last night as intended.)

Work Day 12

May 22nd, 2023 - I see you have returned dear reader to intake the knowledge of how my senior project is going. Today I spent a decent amount of time working, mostly trying to get everything straightened out with the game. After being unable so far to find a solution to the NullReference error I decided to take a different approach and attempt to use an animation-based system, similar to what I created the player stats menu with. Rather than having the text appear above the character's head, I would create a panel with the text already there and merely move it into FOV using animation. This plan took a bit of work to code and I ended up running into another problem, despite every indication that my call to the trigger for the animation should be working, it is not. I intend to meet with Spencer when he returns tomorrow to attempt to find a solution to this. 

    The other things I've done today were finishing touches on the game's functionality. Using some relatively simple code I created a quest to retrieve a woodcutter's favorite axe. The only missing element is the conversation, but everything else is there and the quest is complete. 

    I then realized I had yet to integrate the attack animation into the second scene, this took a bit of work, as I realized that I need to create a separate animation due to the fact that the player had a different start position to which I needed to assign the idle animation in both scenes.

    After this I copied over the menu animation and ran into another error, for a reason incomprehensible to me, the MenuUpdate function had stopped working, but only in the second scene. This is another issue I hope to solve tomorrow with Spencer.

    The last thing I did today, was attach a see-through dark layer to the player camera to create darkness throughout the world.

Hours Today: 6 hours 30 minutes

Hours Total: 51 hours 10 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)