Day 3 of Senior Project

 Work Day 3

    Hello captivated audience, today I continue my creation of a video game! Today I spent a relatively smaller amount of time working but, still did get some important steps done in my project. I first finished setting up my personal tile pallet and began adding more tiles. This required me to continue clipping more 16x16 bit tiles and moving them over to the pallet then rearranging them in the correct formations as they become scattered when moved over. This is both a tedious and time-consuming process, as each tile must be 16x16 or it won't align properly when I go to use the tile paint mechanic. Below is an example image of what I'm doing, each brighter white square is a clipped tile I then move over to the pallet. (This is only a single tileset of many from which I'm taking tiles.)


    Once on the pallet, I can select chunks of tiles to paint onto the map, allowing me to build the world in a much more time-efficient manner. It's comparable to how a painter will mix their paints on a paint pallet rather than going back to the tub of paint to freshen their brush every time. Below is an image of my pallet thus far.

Once this process of ensuring I have a complete palette is complete I will begin building the world. The biggest current issue I've run into is finding suitable free tilesets that match my needs and art style. Most decent tilesets can cost upwards of 15 dollars. 

Hours Today: 1 hour 30 minutes

Hours Total: 11 hours 20 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)