Day 11 Senior Project

 Work Day 11

May 20th 2023 - Welcome back to my blog or welcome for the first time be that the case. Today I began work on the rest of the UI system and finished the pause menu where the player can see their current statistics. This was somewhat of a more complicated process. Throughout the creation of this game, I've been partially following along with a tutorial on how to use Unity to create a 2D game as this is my first time every using Unity starting from scratch. While I have varied quite a bit of stuff before, as the tutorial makes a roguelike dungeon game and I'm making a game set in a forest mostly. The main thing I've relied on the tutorial for is to reference the coding and actually navigate Unity's many tools. The base function of how I wanted to work my menu was different though. I had to find a way to freeze the rest of the game while having my menu open and I differed from how I coded the menu from the tutorial a decent amount. Here is what the menu now looks like. It is opened and closed by hitting escape.


Hours Today: 4 hours

Hours Total: 44 hours 40 minutes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)