Day 6 Senior Project

Work Day 6     

\

    Hello, yet again my readers. Today I continued creating my video game and got quite a bit done. I started off the day by finishing up the starting scene. I ran into an issue where somehow some of the tile's pathways had been lost, resulting in masses of pink tiles. I ended up just removing them and re-painting the areas. I also found the solution to the bleeding problem I had run into before. And of course, it was just a single setting I had to change, the issue was knowing what setting and where it was.

Below is an image of the completed starting scene, along with the Reaper guide that will explain the character's mission to the player.




    Since the starting area was completed I began work on the general world scene, this is the majority of the exterior setting. The entire game takes place in a small mountain town. The buildings, caves, and other smaller areas will be separate scenes, but anything outside like the forest and mountainous terrain will be part of this second scene I'm working on. Here is what it looks like so far.

    
    I still have to detail it better, unfortunately, faced-paced world design is not my strong suit. The rising cliffs act as the world border for the player, giving a logical reason as to why the player can't go there, rather than an invisible wall.
    Next, I plan to get interactable objects and characters working, allowing for the creation of quests. After that combat, and finally the lighting and atmosphere. If I have time at the end I may attempt to find some copyright-free pieces of music to play in the background of the game.

Hours Today: 5 hours

Hours Total: 21 hours 50 minutes




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Senior Project

Day 12 Senior Project

First Day of Senior Project (Creating a Video Game)